2020 Show Dates
October 16-31st from 7:30 – 10 pm except Sundays
Due to Covid, we will not have any “event” nights this year (where we have 100s of people visit and full concert sound). We have instead increased the number of show nights drastically, and ask that you remain in your cars or socially distant while viewing the show. It is best viewed from across the street by the wood fence. The audio will be broadcast to your car radio on the displayed radio station. Please follow us on facebook or twitter for updates.
Things to buy
- 2020 Finally released a recording of our improved show click here
- 2019 More enhancements
- 2018 More enhancements
- 2017 Making a new recording of the whole haunt including the completed “Angry Ghost” section. Many background enhancments. Click to see a preview.
- 2016 – Angry Ghost segment mostly done.
- 2015 – Added another new song called “Angry Ghost”. But it is not done. However Chainsaw Rhapsody did get mostly finished.
- 2014 – Added a new traditional light show section synced to a new dance remix for the jaws of the house called “Chainsaw Rhapsody”. It was not quite good enough yet so it will be in next year’s video
- 2013 – Mostly just cleaned up the music and hopped up some of it.
- 2012 – Added a big new production number (an arrangement of Grim Grinning Ghosts) for our 10th anniversary
- A Fairly Comprehensive and Somewhat Boring History of Bates Haunt
- 2011 – Enhancements and new skeleton army dance to the song “Heartless Bones”
- 2009,2010 – Switch to HD and new projector.
- 2008 – Two new songs for the pumpkins.
- 2007 – Didn’t have a lot of time for new stuff, but cleaned up 2006 haunt, added a spider and some glimmers. Featured on fear.net.
- 2006 – Won national haunting awards for 2005 show. Added a new song for the pumpkins, lightning strike, and recreated the skeleton
- 2005 – Forgot to backup stuff from 2004, so started with 2003 version. Added an original song and singing pumpkins.
- 2004 – Couldn’t ever find the video. Did the projection again, adding a skeleton and some other stuff.
- 2003 – Revenge of the disembodied head, and using a video projector on my house, but snowed out…
- Automated Lightning – Without a video projector
- 2002 – Using a video projector on my house
- 1998 – My largest Halloween night production with a spiders theme. Including the spider chamber, and the disembodied head
- Before That – Many many haunts since I was 7 including a few years with the Haunted Old Mill and the short lived Merrit’s Gallery of Terror